Thursday, August 7, 2014

Summer Review: The Red Badge of Courage

This post is part of a series where I review books that are a part of my summer reading list. I won't rate them or talk about their writing because my teacher didn't want that. It is mainly going to focus on  my relationship with the book. Hope you like it!


The Red Badge of Courage is not a memorable book. To this day I still don't really know who the characters are. I found the metaphors during battle the only thing that got my attention. The book's metaphor referenced everything in life one could think of. I found the glory of gore (Lorde reference anyone) in the book quite detailed and accurate. The feeling of being arrogant and then falling down to have face reality is a familiar feeling. We all have had to face something we thought we could conquer but then failed. Arrogance is one of the many challenges people around the world face. The great moral question posed by The Red Badge of Courage is where the appropriate line of confidence and arrogance lie and when is it okay to have a little of either.

No comments:

Post a Comment