Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Review Ruins DNF



 Ruins by Dan Wells Amazon | Goodreads

Published by Balzer + Bray March 11, 2014

464 Pages 

# 3 in Partials Sequence 

Source: Library Ebook Collection

Bookologists Analysis: I missed something. I just didn't find what I need in this book. Somehow I lost what I needed in terms of friends. I feel the need to apologize to Kira that I finish her journey with her.

Kira, Samm, and Marcus fight to prevent a final war between Partials and humans in the gripping final installment in the Partials Sequence, a series that combines the thrilling action of The Hunger Games with the provocative themes of Blade Runner and The Stand.

There is no avoiding it—the war to decide the fate of both humans and Partials is at hand. Both sides hold in their possession a weapon that could destroy the other, and Kira Walker has precious little time to prevent that from happening. She has one chance to save both species and the world with them, but it will only come at great personal cost.
 
I had waited for Ruins in a momentum. At first I had finished the rest of The Partials Sequence in one big gulp. I had found the books one of the best sci-fi books that I had read in such a long time. I picked up Ruins because I had had nothing else to read from my library’s ebook collection and was flabbergasted that I had forgotten its release. I felt that Ruins had this tension that I was just waiting for all of it to explode into this book of eloquence and drama. The characters had spellbound me into this need for humans and Partials (engineered being to look humans but with superior DNA). I don’t know where all of this went wrong. The characters didn’t pull me in like they had before and I didn’t feel the requirement to keep on reading. For about two days I forced myself to keep on reading this book that I thought I would fall into bookish heaven with but I didn’t.  Ruins I felt started on to high of a note to demand any sort building into an explosion of plot. I think I missed something along the way. I’m disappointed in myself that I couldn’t find it myself to keep on reading the book that I had so desperately waited for. It’s a part of being a mood reader where you just can’t force it on yourself. I could not discover the necessity in me to finish Ruins. I highly recommend the Partials Sequence though because the plot is there. Somewhere along the way I missed the bomb going off. Rating: DNF

No comments:

Post a Comment