Thursday, November 14, 2013

Review Obsidian

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Available Now

Book One in the Lux Series

Bookologist Analysis: A die hard romance with a bad attitude boy next door with a hint of a far away destroyed galaxy. 


STARTING OVER SUCKS

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

AND THEN HE OPENED HIS MOUTH

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

THE HOT ALIEN LIVING NEXT DOOR MARKS ME

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

IF I DON’T KILL HIM FIRST, THAT IS


I read this book in one day. My face was glued to inside the covers. Why do such good authors make us book bloggers hermits? Why Jennifer why? I fell for Daemon hard. He has an attitude and snarkiness. He is definitely not you typical boy next door sweet and nice type.

Let's b be honest when we first meet Katy she's this innocent little girl with a 4.0 GPA a book blog and plays it safe (hmmm reminds me of myself).  She's forced to move to the middle of no where in West Virginia, sorry, but, let's be honest that really is the middle of nowhere. Well, I guess if your hiding as an alien that it would help being in an obscure location. Katy throughout the books grows up that being quiet and reserved isn't always the best thing. Being a bystander isn't worth it, but rather you have stand up sometimes and be brave.

Daemon on the other his the guy who lives next door, I expected a nice bad boy not someone with really really bad attitude. He's worse than Ron Weasley when he found out Crookshanks ate his mouse. This guy has it bad. Too top it off we meet Daemon answering the door shirtless, bad mouthing his new next door neighbor  He's a great guy of course [insert sarcasm].  

I'm very grateful that this book wasn't a straight out romance where you have one of those chosen one romances. This book starts off we a next door neighbor jerk who we eventually all fall for, though surprisingly Katy doesn't.  She decides that his annoying dork is not worthy of her love or her time, but what do guys love more than a impossible challenge (I mean seriously)?

The subplots in this book I felt were very weak, but the plot took a very charge in this book. To be honest I missed the subplot that let us appreciate the supporting characters who all have individual stories. The Daemon Black and Ash Thompson sub plot just ends when Daemon ends things with her. We never see the "human" part of Ash, we just see a girl that hate Katy because Daemon starts sort of expressing interest in her.

Great romance sci fi book that is good. I'm begging you to read it. Just give it a try and I promise you will empower Katy, fall desperately and irrevocably in love with the jerk Daemon and learn to love sweet and awesome Dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment